Extra Traffic! How to Get 5 Times More Backlinks from Your Blog Posts & Articles in Just 35 Minutes

Do you want to get more backlinks from your blog posts and articles but aren't sure how to do it?

Here's the scenario:

You've spent time creating a post for your blog - maybe 20 minutes like I teach, maybe longer - and it then sits on your blog, waiting for people to find it.

You're doing what you've been taught by everyone - writing interesting stuff, weaving in your long tail keywords, letting the world know it's there with the built-in pinging that Wordpress does automatically.

But - in the back of your mind - you're thinking there must be other things you can do.

And there are!

The methods I'm going to show you in this video took me 35 minutes to do.

And they gave me an extra 5 places for my content, all pointing back to my site and all helping drive extra traffic.

What I'm going to show you in this video is precisely how I took an article I'd written and posted it onto these extra sites.

All in just 35 minutes.

I used an article I'd had published at Ezine Articles but you can apply this method equally well to your blog posts or anything else you've written.

The whole process is easy when you know what you're doing.

The first time you try this, you'll probably take a bit longer than the 35 minutes.

Once you get up to speed, you'll probably be quicker - I'm usually nearer 20 to 30 minutes but I was going a bit slower than normal as I was explaining what I was doing for the recording you'll get.

At the risk of losing sales, here's a quick outline of the process.

It's all explained as I go along in the video and there's an upsell where I go into things in more detail if you need it.

Step 1 is copy the blog post into your word processor. Format it so it has a nice font and looks like a PowerPoint slide show - it's quicker doing it this way than copying and pasting bits and pieces into new slides.

Then add in a clickable link and call to action at the end of the document - I used the resource box I'd already used at Ezine Articles - and a clickable link in the footer. Which is another good reason to use a Word document rather than a PowerPoint presentation. Although if you're a wizz with PowerPoint that will add footers as well.

If you haven't got Word, download the free LibreOffice suite instead - it runs on Windows, Macs or Linux.

If you haven't got a screen capture program for the next step, you'll need to get one. Screencast-o-matic is free (and runs on Macs as well as Windows machines) but has a small watermark - I've seen paid-for WSOs with the watermark so if cash is really tight you could get away with that but otherwise it's $15 for a one year licence.

Fire up your screen capture program and start reading your article.

Hit pause while you scroll down to the next "screen".

And then let the video render - turn itself from the raw format the program uses into an MP4 that YouTube recognises.

Whilst that's happening, submit your document to a document sharing site - I use 3 different ones to get a bigger variety of backlinks over time but only one for any given presentation. I suggest you do the same.

Then upload the video to YouTube and do all the usual things like links in the description, annotations, tags and captions.

If you need a refresher course on YouTube video marketing, this section will be useful.

And if you want to go into more detail, the upsell includes a complete video on how to do this.

Next up, it's create a nice looking image.

You could use Fiverr for this - there are plenty of gigs there which will create an infographic for $5.

But I used a simple program instead.

Keep in mind that my graphics skills aren't anywhere near the world's best.

But I'll show you how you can use a free mindmap program (Windows, Mac or Linux) to create an image that works as a custom thumbnail for your video and also gets you a link back from Pinterest.

The next thing to do is turn the video into an audio so you can make it into a podcast.

There's probably a setting you can do that in Camtasia but I've never bothered to find it.

Plus you may not be using Camtasia.

So you'll need to download another free program called VLC (Windows, Mac or Linux) that does this in a couple of clicks.

Then upload it to a podcast site of your choice.

If you've been counting, you'll have got to 4 different places.

The 5th place is one or more social networks such as Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. In fact, you could blow your own trumpet on each of these places and make it 7 different backlinks.

All of this takes almost as long to explain as it does to do.

There's a bit of preamble, so the video lasts slightly longer than the 35 minutes it took to turn one piece of content into 5 different pieces and upload it everywhere.

You'll get to see every detail as it happened.

So you can follow along and do the same yourself.

There's also a PDF outlining the whole process.

And a cheap upsell that goes into more detail than I could when I was doing this in real time. That's not essential but it's nice to have and the YouTube section alone is probably worth the price!

All you need to do is click the buy button and you'll get direct access to the video.

You can watch it online or you can download it and watch it from your PC.

Then do it yourself!

in around an hour's time - including watching this video - you could have learned how to turn one of your blog posts into 5 good quality backlinks and actually done it!

s/p
Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 1 posts):
You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.