Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: need advice

Default need advice

I'm looking to hire someone to edit my dissertation. I'm looking for someone with an eagle eye for obscure APA format BS. Also, although I'm sure there are a few errors/typos, I'm more looking for someone to help with creating clearer and more stylish sentences rather than just catching outright errors.

Has anyone done this? How much can I expect to pay? How can I make sure I find someone good who will be worth the money?

Default Re: need advice

It's expensive. To give you an idea, copy editors frequently charge by the word, and it's typically a few cents per word (like, 4-6 is a pretty standard range). On the other hand, there are quite a few former academics out there who cater to academic editing, and they've probably got special pricing for things like dissertations (like, by the hour rather than by the word pricing, or even something closer to a set rate).

A friend who recently defended did this, and found someone with a PhD in the same subject and subfield. I gather that the feedback was invaluable, because he wasn't getting much from his advisor. I think it cost him around a couple grand, but he got a special in-my-subfield discount.

I do know of two people (both of them with PhDs in a humanities field) who do this. If you PM me, I'll check to make sure they're still doing it and forward you their contact info. FWIW, I've worked with one in the past on small projects for the journal I edited, and the other is a friend who left academia for family reasons.

Default Re: need advice

I dont see anything special about hiring someone. Its a common thing nowadays. Dissertation writing services are simply the easiest way you’ll find to bagging your doctorate degree on time. Try this one https://dissertationhelp.com/ I made use of their services while I was writing my dissertation, and so did every of my friends.