Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Promotional Offer: 15% OFF For LifeTime VIP Membership Now Only $19.55 USD One Time Fees. ((( Important ))): Dead Link Support Available Only For VIP Members. Our Contact Email: [email protected]
    Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Username >>
    Password >>
    offer

banner

guide

GET LIVE LATEST POST NOFITICATION !! JOIN OUR TELEGRAM, DISCORD & WHATSAPP GROUP BELOW >

edollarearn edollarearn edollarearn

LifeTime VIP Member
      Time Online
      N/A

Default A warning about MyHosting.com

I'm posting my experience here on this forum as a warning to others... I switched to MyHosting.com several years ago. At first, they were great. Once their CTO left, things went downhill quickly.

Fast forward to last October. My company email stopped working, so we (we, meaning my web guy and I) reached out to tech support. We were informed that they did an unannounced server upgrade, which was likely the culprit. 10 days later, we finally got my email working again - not thanks to their tech support, however. This was a result of us troubleshooting things on our own, since it was painfully obvious that they were in absolutely no hurry to remedy the situation. I then contacted support and told them not to do anything else with our account.

Instead of listening, they tried to do some other sort of "upgrade." When they did, they wiped out ALL 13 of my sites. Even better? Apparently their tech support didn't have the forethought to run manual backups on everything BEFORE they did said upgrade. We had a script running on each site that backed up the sites on the server, so we immediately contacted them about restoring everything that way. They then "escalated" my case to a manager there. It took 4 days for this person to get back to me. Mind you, by now I have no websites, nor working company email addresses.

My web guy and I attempted to walk this "manager" through how to do the restores. We were then told that they had accidentally deleted them too. Long and short of it - the most recent backup they had was from May of 2015. So I ended up losing 1.5 years worth of work on... 13 different websites.

The best part is that they had someone from their "customer relations" team reach out to me... 3 weeks after this happened. She didn't even apologize. All she said that it was clearly a series of mistakes on their end that they would use as a "training opportunity." Then, she offered to give me a month of free service.

This company is AWFUL. If you are presently with them, I would recommend jumping ship ASAP. And if you're thinking about using them, don't. I lost tens of thousands of dollars worth of work that I'll never get back. Instead of having launched my biggest pet project yet - which is a marketing course I had spent a year and a half building - I'm now having to redo most of it.
      Last edited by modernmarketer; 02-07-2017 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typo

:::::::: Moderator ::::::

Time Online
    4 Months 3 Weeks 3 Days 19 Hours 30 Minutes 40 Seconds

Default Re: A warning about MyHosting.com

thx for alert EDE members.

•