Collection Includes:

- Michael Ellsberg - The Education of Millionaires epub
- Michael Ellsberg - The Education of Millionaires kindle
- Michael Ellsberg Mixergy Interview

It helps explain why going to college and getting good grades may result only in a lifetime of debt for many people. This book doesn’t just diagnose the problem. It offers the solution.

Topics Covered In This Book:

Doing Meaningful Work In A Meaningful Way
Finding And Connecting With Mentors
What Successful People Know About Marketing And Sales…And How To Teach Yourself
Investing For Success
Building Your Own Brand
Entrepreneurial Mindset Vs. Employee Mindset
The Education Bubble Will Pop — Are You Prepared For The Aftermath?

REVIEW:

How many of you are planning to go to college? Or hope to go to college? I went. Four times. And, I learned some valuable things that I use in my career. But, much of what I do, I didn’t learn in college. I learned on my own…through self-study.

There are many skills I haven’t yet mastered. And, I want to. I enjoy learning. I am also keenly aware of the future that college students will likely face. My kids are not quite college-age, but they are old enough that I’m paying attention.

A college degree is more likely to result in a lifetime of crippling debt than it is a high-paying, fulfilling, meaningful job. So, why do we keep giving and following the same old advice…study hard, get good grades, get into a good college, and you will get a great job. This model is outdated.

The Education of Millionaires accurately describes this situation and provides actionable steps towards a better way of getting an education. Michael Ellsberg describes how he had a very good educational background…like me, he followed what most Americans are told and firmly believe about education, jobs, income, happiness, etc. But, his degree didn’t get him the things he hoped for. He was miserable and broke. It was only when he began to learn (through self-education) the skills that make one successful in life and business, that he turned his life around.

The skills that Ellsberg describes are truly the skills that one needs to succeed…whether as an employee or as an entrepreneur. I agree with him on almost every point in this excellent book. But, I would add a couple of skills that he didn’t include as things that should be learned…the ability to write well and the ability to speak well in public. He is very accomplished at both of these skills. The fact that they aren’t emphasized in the book don’t make them less important.

He’s an excellent writer. In this book he describes the skills he learned and developed (outside of his college education) that led his financial and emotional success. He includes multiple interviews with many other successful people, most of whom are successful despite dropping out of college (or not even attending). This is controversial…I get it.

Most people who drop out of college also drop out of learning. This, more than any other factor, is what leads to the big disparity in income between those who are college graduates and those who are not.

I would argue that both getting a college degree and getting the skills you need to be successful in life are important. But, don’t kid yourself. For most people, the skills you need to be successful in life won’t be learned in college. And, you will pay a lot of money and incur a lot of debt to get a college degree.

Be sure you take the time to both get your college degree AND commit to self-study so you can become proficient at the skills you really need for success in life. The Education Of Millionaires is a great introduction to how to achieve these goals.
Entrepreneurial Mindset Vs. Employee Mindset

There are so many great points in this book, it’s hard to highlight what is most important. I think it’s fair to say that the discussion of the Entrepreneurial Mindset Vs. The Employee Mindset is the most important part of the book, even though it’s toward the end. All of the advice and illustrations given can be viewed as subcategories beneath the Entrepreneur Vs. Employee distinction.

Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 1 posts):
You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.