I've been working online for years and I have seen people come and I've seen people go. It seems so often that people don't find what your looking for in your Internet marketing business. And I think that is sad.

Sometimes it's just a case that someone is what we might refer to as a "wannabe". Someone who wants something but either just isn't willing to put in the work or just isn't cut out for it. Whatever the case may be, an internet marketing business just isn't for them.

But other times, and this is where I get angry and frustrated, it boils down to the "newbies" getting overwhelmed with the hype and not being able to figure out which way to go so they give up.

That, to me, is the true shame. The truth is that you can find what your looking for in your Internet marketing business but only if you don't allow the distractions to sidetrack you or worse, overwhelm you to the point where you give up altogether.

In order to greatly increase your odds of success and decrease the chance that you will get overwhelmed and give up, here are some simple tips. If you truly follow these consistently for as long as it takes, you can have enormous success online. If not, then...

1. The first thing you need to do is get educated. Online that can be pretty easy. you don't have to go back to school. There are many courses online that will teach you everything you need to know about starting and building a great business.

You can find this information for free too but I wouldn't recommend it unless it is absolutely necessary. You simply don't know how good the information you are getting really is. Also, it tends to be rather piecemeal and that makes it hard to put together a successful business since you might be missing valuable knowledge and you don't even know it.

For a very small amount of money you can find many courses that will teach you everything you need to know. Ask around in the internet marketing forums for recommendations on some top notch courses.

2. Once you've gained the knowledge you need put it to work for you. Start doing what you have learned to do. This is such an obvious step but one that is often overlooked. Some people just get too intimidated to start. Start small and don't expect to be perfect, you won't be. Just start!

3. And last but not least, set your course than stay on it. It can be very tempting to buy that great new product or service especially if you've been working and haven't seen any results yet. That is when you are at your most vulnerable, but don't do it.

Treat your business like a business and work at it daily and you will see some results. If you've been doing everything you have been told to do for months on end consistently (and you really have and you're not just lying to yourself) and you still don't see anything it's time to ask the person who trained you or someone else for some guidance.

You may not be doing things in the right way. Sometimes a small "tweak" can be the difference between success and failure.

As you can see, it's pretty simple. No, it's not easy, it will take time, determination and hard work but there really aren't a lot of moving pieces. Find what your looking for in your Internet marketing business by following these simple steps to success.