If you've ever read any of my articles, you would learn that one of the biggest reasons I enjoy working online is that there is a lot of automation that can be used to make my life easier. As a matter of fact, when I'm giving people advice on starting their online business one of the things I advise is to spend money only on a few things, one of those things is Internet marketing software.

The other main expenditures will be on education. For the most part, that is it. Spend your limited budget (or not so limited budget) only on educaitoin and automation. If you start spending money on those hyped up products that promise to do it all for you in no time at all, you will go broke very quickly.

And that brings me to another point; how do you choose which automated software is good and will actually work, and which software products are just hypey garbage that you should avoid buying?

Well, there are a few things, a checklist if you will, that will help you weed out the worthwhile software that can actually make your business a little easier to run, from those products that really don't do much of anything to make your business building easier and faster.

Here are a few things you should look at before you decide to buy a certain product:

1. For one thing, there is no "wonder software" that can build your business all for you totally on autopilot. If there really were such a thing why wouldn't everyone online be rich already? Also, if the person who is selling a certain software had really devised such a system, why do you think he is still launching new products every other month?

If you had a piece of software that could build a business all on autopilot, don't you think you would just set it and go spend the next several months on a beach somewhere? Why keep working so hard to come up with new products?
Just something to think about.

2. Instead of looking for a "miracle" piece of software that will do everything for you, concentrate on finding software that is built to just perform a task or two, that's it. For example, finding a good auto responder service to help you automate keeping up with the people on your list is a great investment in your business.

No, it won't do everything for you, but the one thing it is made to do will make your life a lot easier as well as help you build a relationship with your website visitors.

So, carefully pick and choose those software products that will either automate some aspect of your business or provide you with training.

But if you want to be in business for the long run, don't buy into the hype. There is no such thing as a software product that can build your business all on autopilot. Those types of products are just gimmicky and have only been created to put money into the pocket of the person who developed it.

Following these guidelines should make it easier to spend your money only on those things that can actually help you grow your business. Those are the only Internet marketing software products you should ever consider buying.