A fresh, modern look at the core theme of Napoleon Hill's revolutionary best seller. In this inspiring contemporary fable, a young writer sets out to interview business leaders and other influential figures about the importance of persistence in attaining your goals. Through motivational real-life stories, Three Feet from Gold offers advice about having passion for what you do, finding your own Success Formula, choosing good counsel, and above all: never giving up.

INCLUDES:
Dave Liniger, chairman of Re/Max * Debbi Fields, founder of Mrs. Fields Cookies * boxing champ Evander Holyfield * Symphony orchestra conductor Jahja Ling * Yvonne Fedderson and Sara O'Meara, the Nobel-nominated founders of Childhelp.org * NASCAR President Mike Helton

Editorial Reviews
From Publishers Weekly
Based on the principles outlined in Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich, authors and veteran financial officers Lechter and Reid craft an engaging allegory to illustrate Hill's principals of success. Readers follow everyman Greg as he pursues happiness and success with the help of fictional guru Jonathan Buckland, who arranges a series of meetings and experiences which ultimately guide readers to better understand the mindset which leads to success. Like Hill, Lechter and Reid believe that, though "there are many things you cannot control," the factors critical to success are within an individuals' control: namely, "your mind and your attitude." As such, each short, story-driven chapter includes quotes from Hill and other luminous successes, while taking Greg point-by-point through acquiring knowledge (about vision, opportunity, taking action, following through and more), and applying it. Readers won't ever get bored with Lechter and Reid's brisk text, and it's ameliorated by plenty of review. Big ideas are developed artfully by revisiting and building upon previously introduced concepts. This volume should interest both sophisticated and novice followers of Napoleon Hill, or anyone looking for a practical take on the power of a positive outlook
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Hide Hack By vFCoders.
--This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
Review
Praise for Three Feet from Gold:

"Big ideas are developed artfully… should interest both sophisticated and novice followers of Napoleon Hill, or anyone looking for a practical take on the power of a positive outlook."--Publishers Weekly

Amazon Reviews

Quote:
I heard about the release of Three Feet From Gold last weekend. I picked it up on Tuesday and read it cover-to-cover on my flight from Minneapolis to Los Angeles on Wednesday. This insightful book captures the key points of Think and Grow Rich and is a terrific refresher. And while the principles of Think and Grow Rich are timeless, the style of writing and examples are understandably a bit dated for today's readers. Three Feet From Gold is written for 2009 -- it is the right book at the right time. You will learn and be inspired as you find encouragement and ideas to persist in the pursuit of your professional dreams. The challenging economic times have created doubt and difficulty for many entrepreneurs. Sharon Lechter and Greg Reid share principles and wisdom from some of the most impressive entrepreneurs and business leaders today, reinforcing and expanding on the Think and Grow Rich concepts. The ideas I received for further improving my own business and myself were invaluable. Thank you for this wonderful book. I am motivated and energized to take my business to a whole new level. I loved Three Feet From Gold and recommend it highly.

Quote:
This book gives the personal success secrets of how a number of people have achieved success. It's not written like a text book. It's not lecturing you. It's telling you in story form how to succeed. I highly recommend this book to anyone seeking the ability to persevere. Having lived 89 years, I've seen in a lifetime how perseverance and determination pays off. I think so highly of this book that I bought 2 copies; 1 for each of my grandchildren.

F Crerie (Phoenix)

Quote:
The book reminded me in some ways of the One Minute Manager books. Rather than simply laying out the content in a text book format or a series of short anecdotes, it's written as a novel. What I love about this style of teaching is that it is both educational and entertaining. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. Stories are generally easier for people to remember than mere facts.

In this story, a man named Greg is going through personal adversity in his business and his personal life. Greg meets a super-successful businessman, Jonathon Buckland. During his personal journey, he meets with a series of real life successful men and women who share their secrets of success--particularly the value of persistence through adversity.

While the story is fictional, most of the people he meets along the way are real people with real lessons that they have learned from their own experiences. This helps bring the ideas and lessons they share out of the "ivory tower" of theory and into the real world of everyday men and women.

I liked the way the main character has very real and contemporary problems, but learns how to overcome them with positive persistence and a commitment to self-improvement. As a big fan of Napoleon Hill, I loved the way Hill's teachings are woven into the story. While Greg receives a helping hand from his friends, it's clear that the reason they are helping him is because the gradual improvement in his own attitude and a sincere desire to help improve the lives of other people.

I believe that a great book is worth more than it's weight in gold. That is because wisdom and relationships are more valuable than money. Wise thought is the "stuff" that is used to create wealth and success. One of the points made in the book is that "you're the same today as you will be in five years except for two things: the people you meet and the books you read."

I think that with the adversity that many people are experiencing today, the message from "Three Feet From Gold" is especially timely. Keep moving forward. Keep growing and learning. Serve others with sincerity. Consistently and persistently apply the proven, timeless principles of success and you can achieve your goals.

Since you're reading this review, you are clearly thinking about getting this book. Go ahead, buy it, read it, study it. You won't be disappointed.
Code:
http://speedy.sh/FAGGe/Three-Feet-from-Gold.pdf