Even the most well-thought-out initiatives will fail without true employee ownership, accountability, and engagement. Yet most managers and executives don't have a clear system for ensuring the support they need from those around them. "The Power of Strategic Commitment" helps readers improve their strategic processes by enlisting the support of managers, employees, boards, suppliers, investors, and others. The book outlines the key factors that determine commitment, providing powerful ways to build commitment that cost nothing. This book provides practical methods for getting everyone behind the kind of important organizational actions that drive results.

Editorial Reviews

Review

“…outstanding book shows readers how to improve strategic processes and execution… This is indeed one of the very best of the year!” -- CEO Refresher.com

Selected as on the best books of 2009 by CEO Refresher.com
Book Description

Even the most well thought out initiatives will fail without true employee ownership, accountability, and engagement. Yet most managers and executives don’t have a clear system for ensuring the support they need from those around them. The Power of Strategic Commitment helps readers improve their strategic processes by enlisting the support of managers, employees, boards, suppliers, investors, and others. The book outlines the key factors that determine commitment, providing powerful ways to build buy-in that cost nothing. Readers will discover how to:

• continuously measure buy-in

• involve everyone in creating their own piece of a larger organizational future

• tailor commitment strategies for individual employees

• keep everyone on the road to achieving stated goals

• create a commitment-inspiring rewards system

• hire fully-engaged talent

This book provides practical methods for getting everyone behind the kind of important organizational actions that drive results.

Amazon Reviews

Quote:
Josh Leibner, Gershon Mader, and Alan Weiss have written a book that is a mix of diagnostics and a plan to fix. What you might ask?

Some time ago I read an excellent book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni. The dilemma after reading the book was now that I know what causes the dysfunctions, what do I really do?

Many of us have had the challenge of walking in to a job where a prior toxic leader left way too many emotional landmines, or if we are truthful, have done that ourselves. Then there is the situation of starting up with a new team - sort of like mass adoption. How does a new leader, or business leadership group , deal with these situations and become a real team - committed to a joint outcome.

What the authors do in The Power of Strategic Commitment is three really powerful things.

First, this is a self-help book with case studies and examples that help you look at your current situation and how to diagnose where to start and how to create a road map and actions to make progress in reaching the destination. They do this by sharing real situations from real companies in the leader's own words.

Second, the book lays out tools and techniques that frame how to address situations you want to improve. One of my favorites is a frame work in Chapter 7 that identifies behaviors that increase or decrease trust and focused on what you might consider doing about them.

Finally, I would be remiss if I did not say this. This book can REALLY help IF you want to take your game, or more importantly - your business leadership team's game, to the next level. However, you cannot do it without taking a look at the mirror first.

Add this book to your toolkit for executive change management, clarifying strategy, how to better communicate, and maybe even personal change management.

Cheers!

PS. The leadership diagnostics in the Appendix are alone a great reason to buy this book.

Rick Otero, EVP - Capital One Bank
Code:
http://speedy.sh/smddS/Josh-Leibner-Gershon-Mader-Alan-Weiss-Ph.D.-The-Power-Of-Strategic-Commitment.pdf