Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Promotional Offer: 15% OFF For LifeTime VIP Membership Now Only $19.55 USD One Time Fees. ((( Important ))): Dead Link Support Available Only For VIP Members. Our Contact Email: [email protected]
    Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Username >>
    Password >>
    offer

banner
    Untitled Document

guide

GET LIVE LATEST POST NOFITICATION !! JOIN OUR TELEGRAM, DISCORD & WHATSAPP GROUP BELOW >

edollarearn edollarearn edollarearn

Time Online
      N/A

Default Alan Weiss - Million Dollar Consulting: The Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice (4th ed)

The Long-Awaited Update for Building a Thriving Consultancy

Completely updated for today’s busier-than-ever consultants, this classic guide covers the ins and outs for competing and winning in this ultracompetitive field. You’ll find step-by-step advice on how to raise capital, attract clients, create a marketing plan, and grow your business into a $1 million-per-year firm, plus brand-new material on:

Blogging and social networking
      Global consulting
      Delegating labor
      Profiting in a troubled market
      Retainer business
      Internet marketing

Praise for the previous editions of Million Dollar Consulting:

“If you’re interested in becoming a rich consultant, this book is a must read.”
      Robert F. Mager, founder and president, Mager Associates, and member of the Training & Development Hall of Fame

“Blast out of the per diem trap and into value billing.”
      Jim Kennedy, founder, publisher, and editor, Consultants News

“The advice on developing price structure alone is worth a hundred times the price of the book.”
      William C. Byham, Ph.D., author of Zapp!

“Must reading for those who are beginning a practice or seeking to upgrade an existing practice.”
      Victor H. Vroom, John G. Searle Professor, School of Management, Yale University

Amazon Reviews

Quote:
      I have purchased and read all editions of this book, and always find both the updated as well as the basic information extremely valuable (see my previous reviews of some of Weiss' books). While my reviews don't indicate it, I have all his books. Although some are very derivitive of his basic ideas, if I were to recommend one book (of all the consulting books, as well as all of Alan's), this would be it. The methods he describes are basic, but I attribute the use of them to my ability to stay a full time (or really "part time" as Alan defines it) consultant for over 13+ years. I am not a 7 figure/year consultant, and have no desire to be, but nevertheless, find the material continues to contribute to my success in this field. I have given or pointed others to this book, and those who follow even some of his advice, especially value-based pricing, have also become successful. Let's be honest, if you get one good piece of advice that you apply, the cost of the book is irrevalent. Certainly when compared to workshops, seminars, one-on-one coaching, etc. If you're disciplined enough to use the information, you will greatly improve your practice. And if you're already doing that, he nudges you to continue and improve. Alan covers other key topics such as forget cold calling and drive business to you by newsletters (snail and e-)which I use to great effect, white-papers (especially for beginners), articles in trade journals / magazines, books (including self-published, but not vanity), targeted ads, public and professional speaking, etc., and reusing / reformatting / "repacking" that body of knowledge to get extensive milage from your initial effort. He does or has used all these methodologies himself (there's no theory here), and has become very sucessful.

Quote:
      I have been in consulting for some 15 years and have learned hard lessons by trial and error. I wished I had found this book when I made my first attempt to consulting 15 years ago. The book is packed with the best advice to really build a million dollar practice. I have started already to cut fat, my two former partners are gone, do not need them to work, do not need to share my income with them, from now on if I need help it will be on a project basis. Though there are lots of advice and wisdom in this book. I found the chapter on Value Based fees to be the best part of the book. I had come to some practical methods of determinig my pricing, I have always used ROI to sell my projects, but I have not used the ROI to come up with a decent pricing, always have been able to give a 10-1 ratio from every dollar I have received or more, but now are staring to see the benefits of selling big tag projects to CEO's directly, without the need to put hourly-or -per diem fees.
      I recommend to all to read throughly the parts on answering objections. Those are great advice and will be very useful to change the minds of CEO's and avoid being down priced by the peanut counters that all finance dept. have.
      This book and a great book on negotiation from Herb Cohen - You can negotiate anything! will be a good match to get you moving specially if you are new in this business. Another and very important book for start ups is: The Four Steps to the epiphany by Steve Blank. I wished I had read it first before doing anything, basically what Blank tells you in the book is test your product/service idea first with real prospects in a real market. Find out if your product is really great and determine the minimum requirements to get to market successfully, do some iterations and test your business model and make sure there are customers ready to buy your product, and do your work before launch, this will help you avoid going to increase the stats of the failure start ups. This quote is great: most of start ups do not fail due to technology, they fail because lack of customers, I can tell you this is absolutely true. Forget the social networks, for consultants you need to meet real people and decision makers who have problems that you can solve, in the social networks what you will find is lots of people looking for free advice, consulting is not a charity. Unless you want to consult pro-bono for some real and good cause which is OK, but first make money..then else. Thanks

Quote:
      This book provides a remarkable overview of the business of solo consulting. Weiss' book neatly packages objectives, strategy and tactics in a way that inspires and provides direction. There is lots to be learned by consultants at every level of experience. For some it will open their eyes to a new way of thinking and doing business, and for others it will reinforce and validate their current practices.

Highly recommended. A reminder, this book has no value sitting unread on a bookshelf. If you buy it, make a commitment to reading it twice. Once to enjoy and understand his message, and then a second time to consolidate the information and make notes on the actions you need to take.

Quote:
      I bought this book when I started my consulting practice in 2004. It is the go to, how to reference guide for any and all consulting business questions. Alan is direct, specific, practical and intense... he provides solid step-by-step usable advice. He's been there, he's found the best ways to do things and he delivers.

His formula for partnering with others is perfect. It's helped me successfully manage how projects are handled. His process and formula works. Partnering with others can get sticky without the process he recommends.

I've recommended this book to so many people. It is a classic and has helped me in more ways than I can count.

Quote:
      I bought this book 8 years ago when I started my independent consulting, training, and speaking business. I keep it on my desk as a reference book - and it has proved to be one I consult on a regular basis. Some key areas Weiss does a great job with:

- Setting fees based on value
      - Simple proposals and agreements that get to the point and focus on value
      - Coming up with new ideas and offerings
      - Dealing with partnerships and subcontractors / compensation and more
      - Helpful tips on marketing and growing the business

And there is much more. I like books I can find things in after I've read them. This has a simple layout, helpful illustrations and diagrams, and lists that make this an easy to use reference book. Every consultant should have one. Bottom line, you'll use it often and it will help build confidence as you approach new business opportunities.
      Code:
      http://speedy.sh/JfEEC/Million-Dollar-Consulting-4th-ed-The-Professional-s-Guide-to-Growing-a-Practice.pdf

LifeTime VIP Member

Time Online
    1 Week 1 Day 7 Hours 48 Minutes 45 Seconds

Default Re: Alan Weiss - Million Dollar Consulting: The Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice (4th ed)

Yrs

Time Online
    1 Day 14 Hours 6 Minutes 40 Seconds

Default Re: Alan Weiss - Million Dollar Consulting: The Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice (4th ed)

TY

LifeTime VIP Member

Time Online
    2 Days 6 Hours 18 Minutes 52 Seconds

Fantastic

LifeTime VIP Member

Time Online
    1 Day 2 Hours 59 Minutes 28 Seconds

Yes

LifeTime VIP Member

Time Online
    2 Days 6 Hours 18 Minutes 52 Seconds

ty

•